Memory Care at Beacon Hill at Eastgate
Supportive, person-centered care in a safe and secure environment
Choosing the right care for a loved one experiencing memory loss through dementia or Alzheimer’s is one of the most important decisions a family can make. Beacon Hill at Eastgate provides a safe and uplifting environment for them to call home. You’ll find the atmosphere encourages intimacy and strongly supports family interaction.
Not all dementias are the same, nor are all experiences with dementia, but we strive to meet the needs of residents with dementia through a person-first mentality.
The goal of our Memory Support program at Beacon Hill is to:
- Promote an environment that encourages residents with dementia to do what they are able to
- Allow residents to experience life through their senses
- Develop a relationship between residents and caring partners that understand the difference between the types of dementia and how that may alter a residents’ needs and emotions
Specialized Training for Caregivers
On-site certified staff, including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants, are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet each resident’s care needs. All direct care staff are required to complete a specialized dementia training course. These courses are available free of charge to resident friends and family.
Additionally, a gerontologist provides supportive oversight for every resident, and a full-time Clinical Care Chaplain provides spiritual care through weekly chapel and one-on-one conversation.
Activities are all designed with the resident in mind to address cognitive, physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
Regular activities include:
- Music therapy
- Pet and Equine therapy visits
- Table games
- Reading groups
- Reminiscing one-on-one
- Frequent outdoor walks
- Gardening in our secured courtyard
- Social activities, like a ladies’ tea
- Life skill stations
- Individualized, 24-hour Assisted Living services with daily living activities
- Lifestyle coordinator who provides fun group activities and outings to surrounding attractions in the Grand Rapids area
- Weekly Chapel and Chaplaincy services
- Personalized wellness program to maintain a high level of physical and mental health
- Freshly prepared meals and snacks every day
- Licensed care available
- Medical director and registered dietitian
- On-site gerontologist
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- A full-service beauty salon and barbershop
- Transportation to and from doctors appointments and activities