• • • •
COVID-19 FAQ’s and General Precautions
Will contact tracing be completed or conducted if a resident or employee tests positive for COVID at Beacon Hill?
Beacon Hill will follow contact tracing recommendations from the Kent County Health Department. This means that Kent County Health Department will do all external tracing. Beacon Hill will complete internal contact tracing and have a high level of surveillance over the full continuum.
Will Beacon Hill disclose the name(s) of any individuals that have a positive test result?
No, to disclose the name of this individual would violate HIPPA restrictions protecting an individual’s privacy.
What do I do if I feel unwell?
Please stay in your apartment, and avoid contact with other residents until you feel better. Fees for meal delivery will be waived during this time. If you must go out, please exercise caution in common areas. If you start to feel worse, contact our front desk. Our staff will arrange for you to speak with a physician.
How can I help protect myself against COVID-19?
Sign up for your vaccination, and continue to adhere to the CDC guidelines for travel, as well as the following self-care:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay at home when you are sick, please do not leave your room if you have a fever and instead notify someone including your healthcare provider of your symptoms
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Facemasks covering your nose and mouth should be worn any time you leave your home
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
For 1845 Residents
Does my loved one need to quarantine after a routine medical appointment?
At this time, residents that leave for any medical appointment (including routine visits), must quarantine in their apartment for 14 days upon return ONLY if they have not been fully vaccinated.
For 1919 Residents
Do I still have to wear my mask even if I’m vaccinated?
Yes. We ask that all residents wear masks at all times on campus when not in their apartment homes.
If I have an essential procedure at the hospital, what happens when I return home to Beacon Hill?
Any resident going to the hospital will need to self quarantine for 14 days and then pass a resident screening before going back out into the community.
What are the social distancing rules for time outdoors?
Residents may go outside for walks but please keep 6 feet between yourself and others. Only one person on the benches outside at a time. Here is a map that displays the indoor (highlighted in yellow) and outdoor common areas (red X).
Where can my family member leave items for me?
All family should leave prescriptions, groceries, and necessary items to the table on the right in the vestibules. They should be labeled with the residents name.
Where are my packages being left for me?
UPS, FedEx, and Amazon packages will all be sprayed with disinfectant upon arrival. They will be delivered to your apartment.
Please be advised: residents standing by the desk must be AT LEAST 6 feet away from other residents and staff.
Get in touch
• • • •
1919 Boston Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Grand Rapids, MI 49506