Mary and Martha Guild
Bingo February Fundraiser
The Mary and Martha Guild at Beacon Hill works to provide fun and creative ways to keep our campus connected. Behind the scenes, the hardworking and diligent volunteer residents of the Mary and Martha Guild provide encouragement, fund events, and donate resources for other residents, specifically those at our 1845 campus.
The Mary and Martha Guild at Beacon Hill was formed in May 2014 to bring the Beacon Hill at Eastgate campuses together as one community through service and support. A group of interested residents came together and developed a mission statement and plan that would involve as many interested parties as possible. The mission statement is “to help our neighbors adjust to their new surroundings through communication, fellowship and prayer.”
You can show your support of the Mary and Martha Guild at our upcoming fundraiser, by participating in a fun-filled evening of BINGO!
Thursday, February 17th
7:30 PM-9:00 PM
No sign up required
Examples of Resident Life activity support provided through the M & M Guild include:
- Hearthside Book Club®, an evidence-based reading and discussion activity designed for people with memory issues.
- Interactive Memory Books designed specifically to improve the quality of communication between caregivers and memory-impaired adults.
- iPads for family interaction during COVID
- Trips to the Grand Rapids Art Museum for “Gazing at the GRAM”
- Therapeutic Dolls
- Prayer Partners –As residents move across our continuum from Independent Living to Assisted Living, the Guild ensures that they stay connected with the friends they’ve made in their time at Beacon Hill through letter-writing, in-person visits, and through prayer.